Research in Albany
Wednesday, September 13 through Friday, September 15, 2017
This is your chance to have three days of assisted research and genealogical camaraderie with the people who know New York best, and enjoy a personal consultation during the trip.
The New York State Library and the New York State Archives are both rich in material available nowhere else that pertains to people who have lived throughout New York State. The Library’s has open stacks and holds extensive collections that include family genealogies, local histories, DAR records, church records, census records, early newspapers on film, and city directories, as well as archives and manuscripts. The trip will be most productive for research subjects other than those in the New York City.
The fee includes:
- Orientation to the New York State Archives and the New York State Library by staff experts
- A private consultation with a professional genealogist and follow up as needed
- Access to professional genealogists for all three days of the program
- Dinner on Tuesday night (guests not registered for the research experience may attend the dinner for $49)
- Wine and cheese reception on Wednesday evening
We have arranged a special room rate at the Albany Hilton of $144 per night, single or double. To make a reservation, please call the hotel directly at 866-691-1183 and mention conference code 1NYGBS to get this rate.
Cancellation policy: Cancellations prior to and including sixty days before the event are subject to an administrative fee. Cancellations later than sixty days prior to the event are not refundable. No partial refunds are given if the registrant does not complete the event.